Facial implants are used to enhance the facial structure and rejuvenate the facial contours. Common reasons for facial implants include:
- If you have a weak, receding chin and wish to make it more projecting and improve your jawline
- if you want to lessen the appearance of a double chin
- If you wish to restore contour and proportion to your facial structures made deficient by aging
- If you wish to correct facial asymmetry or deformities resulting from injury or congenital conditions
Is a chin implant for me?
The chin is one of the most prominent focal points of your face. The alignment of the jaw and chin structure forms the foundation for your face and neck. This seemingly subtle area of the face has a big impact on overall aesthetics.
When the chin is shaped and positioned properly, it can create a harmonious and overall attractive look, with a defined jawline and balanced profile. In performing chin augmentation procedures, the doctors will artistically sculpt the chin and jaw area that is ideally defined and positioned to best fit your facial proportions.
What should I expect from my chin consultation?
If you are considering this procedure, please come in for a consultation. You can expect your initial exam and consultation to be thorough as to answer all questions and make sure you feel fully confident regarding the next steps. In the consultation, the doctors will:
- Listen to what you’d like to achieve with your surgery
- Perform a thorough examination
- Tell you exactly what he recommends and why
It is important that you and your doctor agree on the aesthetics and mechanics of your surgery in order to obtain the results that you want.
Who should I consult with about chin implants?
It is important that you meet with a fully trained, experienced surgeon who fully understands the structures of the face. This way you can be sure that they will help choose the best option for your profile. Together, we can give you natural-looking results that will bring about a whole new confidence in you.