How Long Does Botox® Last?
Are you tired of looking in the mirror and seeing wrinkles looking back at you? We feel your pain. A lot of people feel self-conscious about evident signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles. The good news, though, is that there are treatments available, and Botox® is a prime example of this.
Botox® injections are mainly championed for their ability to lower the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the face. However, they can be used to treat other conditions as well. This includes a lazy eye, an overactive bladder, excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), and neck spasms (cervical dystonia). Some patients also have Botox® to help them with the prevention of chronic migraines.
A chemical compound known as onabotulinumtoxinA is used in Botox® injections. This chemical has the benefit of preventing a muscle from moving on a temporary basis, which helps the muscle to relax and smoothes out the appearance of your skin.
HOW LONG WILL BOTOX® LAST?
A lot of people wonder whether or not Botox® is permanent. Botox® is a temporary treatment, yet the results are very long-lasting. In most cases, Botox® will last between two and four months. However, it really does all depend on the patient. In some instances, the injections can last longer than this, whereas others may feel like they want to have a top-up sooner.
BENEFITS OF BOTOX®
There are a lot of different benefits that are associated with having Botox® at Pure Plastic Surgery. We’re going to explore these in further detail to help you get a better understanding:
- Create a more youthful and radiant appearance – One of the main reasons why so many people opt for this treatment today is because it helps them to create smoother, more radiant, and youthful-looking skin. This treatment can take years of your age, and isn’t this something we all want?
- Boost your confidence – Having Botox® can help you to get your confidence back. This is something that will flood into other areas of your life, having a positive impact.
- Stop excessive sweating – Botox® has also proven to be a popular treatment amongst those who sweat excessively and are worried about this.
- Stop eye twitching – Botox® is not just for those who want to enhance their appearance. It can also help to prevent eye twitching, which can improve your vision.
- Drooping brow – If you have a drooping brow, Botox can relax this.
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR BOTOX®?
A good candidate for Botox® is someone who has moderate to severe facial wrinkles. The wrinkles must be situated in areas that the Botox® is able to treat, for example, around your neck, on the forehead, or between the eyes. If you are unsure as to whether Botox® is right for you, this is something we will be able to discuss with you during your consultation. It is also important that your general health is good.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
The best way to learn more about your options with Botox® is by meeting with Dr. Earle and his team in Miami. We invite you to schedule a consultation with our team by calling us at (305) 4242826 or filling out our online form.